The Provincial Centre of Books and Publishing Literature and Matanzas publications call on the Competition- Jose Jacinto Milanes Extraordinary Debate , to be held on August 16th, day in which is celebrated the two hundred birthday of the poet, in the house where he used to live, which is today the Office of the Provincial Archives located in Milanes Street No. 38, at 10 am and will be ruled by the following
1. The competition will be by invitation, as originally conceived. Poets to compete will receive a Letter of Invitation by the Organizing Committee.
2. It will compete with an unpublished poem that has not been previously awarded and whose length does not exceed three pages.
3. Presence will be essential to the author, who will read your text before the jury and the other contestants. The sessions of the competition will begin at 10 am.
4. Participants should bring at least five copies of their poem.
5. Each guest will receive by reading the remuneration according to resolution that covers the payment of royalties for the public performance of oral and literary work that will be 150.00 pesos (MN) and a certificate of participation.
6. A jury of relevant poets of our country will award one prize of artistic diploma, the publication of the work by Ediciones Matanzas plaquette in a printed silkscreen that will reopen the city editions , which were originally designed for this contest, and a cash prize with the amount of 1000.00 pesos (MN).