In the last edition of the Danzan Dos, the Matanzas public had the opportunity to enjoy the interpretations of the National Folkloric Ensemble, an emblematic Cuban dance group, which has cultivated Cuban popular dances for more than fifty years.
From its beginnings, in 1962, it was proposed to contribute to the rescue and rehabilitation of the roots of Cuban dance by selecting those manifestations of true artistic value to organize them according to the most modern theatrical requirements, but without betraying its folk essence.
Today, after several years of its foundation, it has developed a style of Folkloric Theatrical Art, with great scenic and aesthetic effectiveness.
Its current members are aware of several events such as Yoruba, Congo, Abakuá and Rumba, for which they have deserved important awards such as:
• Gold Cask and the Silver Necklace, at the Festival of the city of Dijon, France.
• Golden Temple, of the Festival El Almendro en Flor de Agrigento, Italy.
• Silver Tray, from the Birmingham Festival, Great Britain.
• Golden Irsuta of the Dance Festival of Arequipa, Peru.
• Fernando Ortiz International Award (2008).